Wednesday, April 18, 2012

we're not all deadbeats

So many times i receive the look of confusion, shock, or disbelief when its realized that yes I have custody of my daughter. The worst of these instances is when i had to take her to the emergency clinic because she shut her hand in the truck door, while talking to the dr he asks, where where you (approx 30ft away), where was the mother (3 counties away), what was she doing with you (she lives with me), and best of all, what are you doing with custody (non of your mother fucking business so just check my daughters hand before my hand checks your face).  I understand that its the norm for mothers to receive custody and for them to bash the fathers as worthless uncaring deadbeats.. and in many circumstances this description is warranted.. But what abt the fathers that actually care for , and do everything in there power to be a part of their child's life. So to answer all the questions out there.. My ex wife left, my daughter was 4 mnths old, and after spending thousands of dollars securing a lawyer and preparing to fight for as much custody/visitation as i possibly could, she calls me and asks if we could settle out of court bc she didnt want to get an attorney. I then informed her that she was keeping my daughter from me and that i was going after my daughter!! About a week after that she called and offered a deal. If I would not take her to court, not seek child support, and oh, give her $1000 so that she cold get herself an apt, that she would sign over custody of my daughter.. so what was my response? meet me at the lawyers office first thing in the morning!!!! The next weekend i had my daughter back! Well for three yrs it was like pulling teeth from a pissed off alligator to get her to spend any time with our daughter and in the RARE instance i would ask for a little financial help she was quick to remind me that in the divorce papers she was not required to pay me a dime.
        Now not to completely bash my baby momma.. about 2 yrs ago she remarried and has since been acting like a real parent, she gets her every other weekend and on avg pays me a little every month to help support our daughter.. i am not sure what exactly inspired this change in attitude, but as a man who RARELY seen his mother growing up, I'm just thankful that she is trying to be in our daughters life!
         So to everybody who is dumbstruck when finding out that yes a man has custody of there child, remember . NOT ALL MEN ARE SORRY ASS DEADBEATS!!!!!! thank you and have a nice day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment